Friday, May 16, 2008

Calling all Metro Detroit Bloggers **UPDATED**

and anyone else who wants to come.

Okay, let's get this dinner planned. I am pretty flexible and can generally do any week night or weekend. So here are some possible dates. Location is TBD but we are targeting the Troy area, hope it's not too far East for any West-siders.

May 28, 29, 30, 31
June 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Tracy - if you want to make the drive and can come down during the week you are welcome to stay at my house. We have a guest room with a comfy queen size bed and you'd have your own bathroom. I could even throw in a cat for a sleeping companion if you want. I just would not want you driving 2 hours back home in the dark after dinner.

Any restaurant suggestions?

**UPDATE** - June 1st seems to be the day. I am still waiting to hear from Emily at Apron Strings, and Melissa at Private Journey. Also - Tracy do you want to contact Ally at Cat Pad? I know she is going through a really difficult time right now and since I don't post on her blog a lot I was hoping someone that knows her better would tell her about our get together.

Now for new questions:

June 1st is a Sunday - do we want to do lunch or dinner? We could do 1 or 2pm, or 5pm ish? Any opinions?

Restaurant choices in Troy: Kruse & Muir (moderately expensive), Maggianos - Italian food (not sure on price), Shields (pizza and other things, inexpensive), Orchid Cafe - Thai food. Where would you like to eat?

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Depends on when you guys schedule it, but I'm going to be in the vacinity on the 31st anyway (Scott and friend are going to see Tom Petty) so we could come down a night early if you guys pick the 30th or the stay late if you pick the 1st.

Scott has friends in the area, too, so even if it's another night, he could drive me down.

So, if my vote counts, I would pick the 30th, 1st or 2nd. All other dates are definitley a no go.

Thanks for planning this, Kelly!

p.s. I am deathly allergic to cats. I'm talking hives, wheezing, etc. I LOVE them, so this makes me very sad...

sara said...

Let's do June 1st or 2nd so Tracy can come, I would really love to see her also if that works :-)

Alison said...

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes! That is so cool that you all get together!

Anonymous said...

I am so jelous, I want to come. But, Indinapolis is a good 4 hours away :(
My Dad lives in Commerce township and I grew up in Bloomfield Hills!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Thanks for getting going on picking some dates Kelly!

Of those dates I am available May 29, 30, and 31, June 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

As for restaurants, if we stick with Troy, we could do Kruse and Muer, Maggianos, PF Chang's, or Shields? I am not picky at all so pick anyplace you'd like. These were the only places I could really think of in Troy but I'm sure I missed some.

Yay! Very exciting that we can meet up and get to know each other better!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lots of planning went on while I've been on a weekend hiatus (Hubby took "Lappie" away from me for the weekend ... no not really, but still ...)

Thanks for planning this, Kelly! I'm thinking June 1st lunch works good for me, as I've already got plans for the 31st. Otherwise, dinner on any of the other days before June 4th works good, too. We're flying the coop for a long weekend, early on June 5th.

As for places ... the only thing with Kruse & Muers in Troy is that on Sundays (not sure about Saturdays) is that they serve brunch until 3 pm, I believe. Fine by me, as I love brunch, but not sure about everyone else. Maggiano's or Shield's sounds good to me, too!

Sorry for getting back to you all, so late. Been a busy weekend!

sara said...

Thanks for all the planning. June first does sound great. Dinner or lunch is equally good for me and the only places I've been to are Krus Muer's and PF Chang. It's always been great, but I'm always open to new places too!